Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Keeping Your Balls in the Air

I hear you giggling.  Knock it off, ya pervs*.

What I'm talking about is juggling all my books you have so they all stay in the air and none of them falls to the ground.  Forgotten.  Wasted.  At the ass end of the Amazon rankings.

I'm not good at this.  So don't think this post will be the key to your salvation.  It ain't.  There's no salvation here.  While I'm over here trying to keep my more popular series titles in the public eye, the other lesser known and underappreciated books are rolling away.  And even when I'm busy working on the more popular series, it's usually the first book getting attention while the sequels are wobbling. 

So, here I am with 13 books out there for people to buy and read.  Trying to keep any number of them in the air at the same time.  Yeah, we all know how that goes.  Poor Unequal is sitting in the 2-mil range on Amazon rankings.  I don't even want to know where Project Hermes and Blink of an I are at.  So sad and lonely.  :sniffle:

Anyway, there's not much I can do for them but try and get some kind of buzz created here and there.  To that end, I'll be trying some things throughout the year.  Like the freebie thing I did for UEQ last week.  It fizzled, but I tried. 

Speaking of trying, Natural Causes will be on sale starting next Wednesday and going through to the night of the 9th.  99c.  I'm not doing any ads this time because I had to shift money out of my advertising budget to cover expenses elsewhere, but I will be drumming up buzz on FB and Twitter.  Fingers crossed some of the hundreds of people who bought Accidental Death go 'hey, another one! And it's on sale!' and buy NC, too.  We'll see.

To that end, I tweaked the cover of NC.  Got rid of the gravesite and sharpened up the graphics a bit.  You'd have to see the old one side by side with the new one to really notice, I think. 

I'm also looking ahead and have set up a sale of the SCIU books again.  That'll be April 3rd through the 10th.  I hope to have advertising for that one.  Gotta squeeze loose some scratch for that.  Should be doable.

So, I've got those balls in the air.  And I'm still trying to throw ball #14 into the mix.  (Ugly and the Beast will be book #14, if I ever get off my ass.)  :cue carnival music:

And that's not counting the pay-job balls or the home balls or the... There's a lot of balls flying around my atmosphere.

What balls do you have in the air?  Are you managing to juggle them all or are you like me? 


*Who's the real perv?  The one who thought it, or the one who thought you thought it when you didn't and thus put the idea in your head?  ;o)

2 comments:

  1. My balls are all sitting in the dogs' toy basket. Slobbered on, chewed up, and pretty much ignored. That said, I need to get some brass one and get to work. Tomorrow. Maybe.

    And babe, we'll perv together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls? What balls? (Looks under the couch for a cat toy.)

    I tried to juggle with one, but the only site useful for selling my dressmaking books and patterns is ignoring me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete