Monday, February 18, 2019

Done Hiding

As you know, I've been working again and I wouldn't say what I was working on in case I jinxed the mojo or some such thing.  Well, I'm done hiding.  Time for me to step out of the closet and get over my precious self.  It's not like telling all of you will jinx anything.  I'm the only one who can jinx my work and to think otherwise hearkens back to the days when I was super superstitious.  Thought I was over that... huh.

Okay, so it's probably not going to be a big surprise or anything.  No big shocker here.  I got the ball rolling with the bunny story and then jumped back into Ugly and the Beast.  I'm currently sitting at 42600 words.

It was going really good until the cold hit and I expect it'll go really good from here on out.  I know where I'm going and what I'm doing.  And I'm not really all that far from the end.  Think like 52K or something.  (Sleeping Ugly was a short first draft, too.)

And since I outed myself there, I thought I'd also out myself on the cover I've been sitting on since November.  Here it is:
That's Oliver.  You haven't met him yet.  He makes his debut in UatB.  I've got Jessica (my cover artist) working on the cover for Cinder Ugly right now.  Just Jeni, no Oliver.  And Jeni definitely looks tougher on the third cover.  SU she was pissed about the curse.  UatB she's disgusted and a little resigned over it.  CU she'll be lookin' to take her life back. 

So, there it is.  I'm back to work on what I'm supposed to be working on.  Should have the first draft done by the end of the month, then edits next month.  I'm hoping to have this in my editor's hands by the end of March.  So June for publication?  Maybe?  I have to check with the AWE and see what her schedule looks like.

Here's to getting back on track.  Let's hope it stays this way for the rest of the year, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back on track. :) Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Oliver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I LOVE this cover and I'm so glad you're back at work on this series. Jeni is a great character and I'm happy you've hit a plan for the 3rd book and I'm totally down with the CINDER UGLY title! You rock. Now feel better, and here's to lots of new words and a quick "The End!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Ugly and the Beast! I can't wait!

    I love the cover! And Oliver, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete