Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Something Else

Evil Space Bunnies has been set aside.  I'm working on something else now.

I don't want to talk about it.

I think I'm afraid talking about it will make the magic disappear.  And lord knows, I've been without magic for a while now.

There's a good chance I'll actually finish this.  There's a good chance I'll publish this.  Which means, right now, I'm being extra careful I don't ruin it.

Hubs doesn't even know what I'm working on.  I'm pretty sure when he sees me sit down and start typing, he thinks I'm still working on the bunnies. 

The bunnies were cool.  And they did what they needed to do.  They got me writing again.  That's the most important part. 

But right now, I feel as if I'm walking on rice paper, trying not to make it rip beneath my feet.  (If you existed in the '70s, you might remember the reference.)  One wrong move and it'll all be ruined.

I know that's not true.  It certainly isn't rational.  But that's how I'm feeling right now. 

So when you see me talking about making progress, just know that it's something else.  Maybe when I get it finished, I'll talk about it. 

Staying quiet also means I won't fall on my face publicly if this all goes horribly wrong.  But let's not even think about that right now.  Don't want to jinx it.

Meanwhile, I'm working the OUAD sale as hard as I can without being a totally annoying twerp.  The ad went live yesterday, and while the whole book sales weren't quite as high as I'd hoped, there are page reads to come.  I also did a FB post boost which flopped on its face, but I pretty much expected that.  I was just trying to get it in people's faces for a day.  About 250 people saw it, which are about 240 more people than would've seen it otherwise.  Four more sale days to go.

Peace out.

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I'm intrigued! But I'll wait quietly until you're ready to announce it. :-)

    I do hope the Evil Space Bunnies make it into the light someday.

    LOL! I'd forgotten all about the rice paper reference! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. It might, someday. But I'm not promising anything. Every time I promise something lately, it falls apart.

      Heh, hit the ol' wayback machine that time, didn't I? ;o)

      Delete
  2. No jinxing but if you need anything... :) Hope you get many sales and page reads!

    In the meantime...shhhh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This didn't get published until now because stupid Blogger didn't send a notification and it was hiding in my comments box. Derp.

      LOL, I'll hit you up if I need anything. Thanks for the positive sales thoughts. And thanks for the shhh. ;o)

      Delete
  3. So glad you have a project you're excited over! I love the way that you experiment with both genre and promo!

    ReplyDelete