Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Torn

I'm totally torn on what to do for NaNo.

You see, I've been reading that forgotten fantasy I wrote.  It's like reading a new book, but I can see where I can make it better.  A new beginning.  Some added scenes.  And of course, finishing it.  My brain is playing with the idea of expanding this one book into several books, but we'll see.

But I'm also entertaining the idea of writing another Dennis Haggarty.  Series sell better when there are at least three books.  And I already have the basic premise.

And I could also write the next SCIU novel.  That one would be book 4.  I started a book 4 in this series already, but I'm not sure if I want it to be the 4th book or if another book should come next. 

After my creativity being a veritable wasteland this year, I'm getting inundated with new ideas.  Not a bad thing, but definitely not a good thing considering NaNo approacheth.  I'm like a dog that's just had a handful of balls thrown into the yard.  Not sure which one to chase and left dashing all higgledy-piggledy.  Picking this one up and dropping it in favor of the next and the next and the...

Argh.

Most likely, I'll ignore the NaNo rules and work on Untitled Fantasy.  (Drop the MG part, because I'm not sure this meets the requirements for MG.  It's a bit too dark.  If you want to see a snippet of it, drop by Silver's blog and see my comment there.)

Or maybe I'll set the fantasy aside and work on one of the other two.  Argh.


2 comments:

  1. Words are words no matter which project. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. One year, I think I worked on 3 different WIPs, got in more that 50K words and claimed a win. Two of those turned into short novels (40K) and the third is still waiting for me to finish.

    FYI, LOVED your words on my blog today. Not that I'm trying to influence you or anything... 🤣

    This year, I have a clear deadline so no waffling for me. It's the Susan Stoker world book with a tie-in to both the Moonstruck Wolves (Nate Connor specifically) and the Nightriders. The hero might be a silver fox but he's totally human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the fantasy. You probably need the SCIU novel. Maybe work on whichever book is most pressing that day?

    ReplyDelete