Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Funny Story

So, I have another sale going on.  Accidental Death is only 99c/99p through Monday.  And I actually have some advertising set up this time.  Expect to see an ad in the Book Adrenaline newsletter tomorrow.

Funny story... When I set up the ad for the 18th last week, my brain was actually think the 18th was two weeks away.  I didn't realize I had given myself... and the venue... such a tight time frame.  So, when I never got an invoice from BA, I figured they were basically telling me I was crazy to even try for an ad right then.  Flash forward to yesterday and I get a polite notice from BA that if I don't pay their invoice they can't put my ad in their 18th newsletter. 

I swear I never got the original invoice.  I checked my spam... nope.  Checked my trash... another 'pay this or else' notice was in there, but no original invoice.  Then again, I dumped my trash, so I might've missed it.  So, I paid the invoice right then and they indicated they got the money, so everything should be in place to be in the newsletter.  AD will probably be jammed in at the bottom, but I did this to myself.  Poor planning on my part.

Next month, I promise to not have my thinker so far up my... err... armpit.

Anyway, BA is only $15, so it's worth a shot, eh? 

Anyway #2, let this be a lesson to you - don't assume your ad was rejected.  Check those folders and be alert.  There's every chance that because I get so many newsletters these days, I actually got the invoice, but deleted it with the plethora of other mail.  Derp.

As for next month, the Once Upon a Djinn books will be on sale, with an ad and everything... good lord willin' and the creek don't rise.  Not sure of the exact dates yet, but I'll let y'all know.

By the way, if you've already read AD and haven't read it's sequel Natural Causes, it's not on sale, but it's only $2.99.

1 comment:

  1. My brain is such a sieve I've stopped deleting anything but obvious spam until I'm past any sort of deadline. Good luck with your sales! I've sort of given up until I get something new published, which I really need to get on like ASAP. Happy Hump Day.

    ReplyDelete