Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Stuffs

The reason I've been posting a lot about sales and marketing is that is all I'm doing right now.  No new words still.  No editing.  Just sales and marketing.  Which is better than nothing writerly, I guess.

The Sleeping Ugly sale ended last night.  It tanked.  The best thing to come out of it was that someone read the whole thing in KU and then started reading Wish in One Hand.  Sorta how that end-links thing is supposed to work.  Yay.  If that one person reads the entirely of the OUAD series, it will pay for the ad.  Also yay.

I've been spending some time thinking about writing.  Better than last month when I couldn't even do that.  Baby steps, I guess.  Although, it would probably help if my brain would stop skipping from one story to the next.  "I could do this with SCIU #4 and that with DH #3 and here's a page for that Arthurian UF and here's some lines for... and maybe if you did this with..." Stop it already.  Find a story and stick with it.

I saw on FB that my cover artist fell and crumpled herself.  Ack.  I have a spot with her next month for the third Ugly cover.  I don't need it next month (the book isn't even close to being written), but it was only spot she had available so I snapped it up.  She doesn't have any more open spots until sometime in 2020.  Anyway, I hope she gets better quick - and not just because I need her.  She's a super-cool person and really nice and she doesn't deserve to be laid up.

Is it just me or do other self-published authors have nightmares about stuff like that?  Artists and editors injuring themselves so they won't be there when we need them?  :shudder:

While I'm not writing or publishing, I'm hoarding fundage so that when the dam finally does break and I'm ready to put more books out into the universe, I'll be able to pay for them.  Or, you know, if my computer has a meltdown, I'll be able to get a new one.  That kind of stuffs.

Oh, and I'm putting the entire Once Upon a Djinn series on sale next month.  The 3rd through the 9th.  WIOH will be 99c/99p.  The rest will be $1.99.  I have an ad with Bargain Booksy going out on the 5th.  I might try doing some other advertising during that time.  Maybe I'll make the leap and try an Amazon ad. 

I think that's about all the stuff for right now.  Any questions?  Comments?  Stuffs of your own?

2 comments:

  1. My brain, in or out of writer mode, skips like that. I'm a puzzler. Random scenes on random projects are my bread and butter. I just wish they'd come more consistently. I really need to stop stalling, buckle down and get to work.

    I had a lot of downloads (almost 1K) when BLOOD MOON was free. We'll see if any of those translate into other books read/bought. Haven't seen any movement despite it hitting in the top 1000 free and top 10 (#2 in a couple of categories) in 3 categories. This whole month has been a disaster--KU AND sales. I'm going to give Amazon through February. If the page reads don't go up, then I'm going to pull my books from KU and go wide. Not that the books that ARE wide do well beyond Amazon. Maybe having my whole backlist out there will help. I dunno. Hard to get enthused.

    Since my daughter is my cover artist, we won't even go there! I use a couple of different editors so that's not such a nightmare.

    I'm depressed that I'm depressed. Which pretty much sums it all up. I think I'll go to Wallyworld. That's sure to cheer me up. Not. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Hugs to your cover artist! I'm my own artist, so I better not crumple myself. 8-o

    Hey, Silver, a new report came out today saying exercise helps depression. It's worth a try, at least.

    ReplyDelete