Monday, January 29, 2018

Where I'm at Right Now

So, I got the edits for Blink of an I back from my editor yesterday evening.  Yay!  But I'm still not ready to send her Early Grave.  Boo!  I did a little mental panic dance at that moment.  And then I told myself to chill out. 

I can still finish Early Grave's edit pass and send it off to AWE tonight or tomorrow morning.  I could even, if I had to, work on both of them at the same time.  The skillset needed for each task is different enough I wouldn't be getting myself all confuzapated.  (Confused + addlepated = confuzapated.)

Early Grave - reading it on the Kindle and making edit notes, then entering edit notes I made into the manuscript.

Blink of an I - Opening my working copy and her edited copy side by side and entering her edit notes as I go down the pages.

It could be done.  If I had to.  I guess.  Right now, I'd prefer sitting down today and cranking through Early Grave until it's done, then tackling Blink after I send EG off to my editor.  We'll see how much I can get done and whether I reach a point where EG is 'editor ready' by the time I want to do Blink.

And that's where I'm at right now.  All editing, all the time.  Except for when I need a break and wander out into the woods.

4 comments:

  1. Gonna be too cold to wander in the woods. Brrrr.

    Yay on edits back, but yeah, finish one project before starting the next. I think your brain will be happier with the results. And maybe less coffee will be needed. Or not. LOL

    I'm almost too antsy to work but I need words so I'll get internets stuff out of the way, get dressed, and then work until I get the call. I'll break while tech guy is here, then probably spend the rest of the day playing with the new "cable" toy. :)

    Hang in there. You got this! (Both this's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the edits! I'm like you...sometimes I just like to knock it out in one fell swoop. But I have to remember to take breaks (water, stretch), if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, should have kept with my promise of sending today instead of firing it off to you yesterday. Just ignore it - get EG done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm painfully single-minded. If I take on two projects at once, they both suffer. More than two means I can't get ANYTHING done. I get completely confuzapated. (Love that word!)

    Please finish EG. I want to read what happens next!!!

    ReplyDelete