Monday, March 29, 2021

Post Publication

With my sixteenth, self-published novel (Duke Noble: Rumor Has It) now out there and available for readers, I still have things to do.  I'm pretty sure I've shared this before, but here it is again...

The Post-Publication Checklist:

1) Goodreads listing – add ASIN before the book goes live

2) Add book to your Amazon author page.

3) Verify book is on Amazon UK author page.

4) If in a series, add to series.

5) Update FB header.

6) Add book to all blog sidebars.

7) Update internal links inside book to Amazon 

8) Post to the blogs

9) Post to FB pages

10) Post to Pinterest

11) Post to Twitter*

12) Post to MEWE

13) Add book to appropriate Outside the Box book page

14) Update links on book page – US, UK, CA, AU

15) Bookmark Amazon pages – US, UK, CA, AU 

16) Update back matter of all other books

17) Post to FB groups

18) Fall apart.

I've completed 1-9, 11-13, and part of 16**.  I might've moved #18 to earlier in the schedule, but it's still there in case I want to fall apart again.

Additionally, and some of you will be happy to hear this, I'm working on the paperback for this book.  The proof should be here today.  If it's good, I'll set the book for sale and order copies to hand sell (or give away).  And if all goes well with Duke, I'll be doing paperbacks for the rest of the Model Curse books and for the dystopians.  In that order.

The only things I didn't put on the checklist are: 1) Marketing and 2) start the next book.  Both of those things will be coming along shortly.  

Anyway, I hope that list helps others to sort out what needs to be done after their book hits the markets.  I know it helps me keep things organized and helps me remember all the things I have to do.  In short, help keep my brain from being so scattered.  ;o)

Anything to add?  

*I don't actually log onto Twitter anymore, but my author FB page still updates to it, so there's that.

** Since I woke up at 3am, I figured I'd get some stuff off my to-do list - which included finishing #16 and doing #14&15.  Took me about 2 hours.


1 comment:

  1. With almost 40 self-pubbed books out there, I don't update the back matter. It would take me way too long and I'm lazy. I need to go back and get several of the books set up for print. I've got a to-do list around here somewhere...

    Right now, I just want to finish this damn book. I mean, it's only taking me over 3 years. I am making progress so there's that.

    I love how organized you are. If I ever win the lottery and build my publishing empire, I'm going to hire you for big bucks to run production or something. LOL

    Okay, it's coming up on 8 a.m. and my early start is evaporating quickly. Thanks for the list! I know it's all stuff I should be doing but I refer you back to the L world. 😉

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete