Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Too Many Choices

I'm close enough to the end of Cinder Ugly now that I'm wondering what I'm going to do next.  Sure, there won't be much of AuGoWriMo left, but who's to say I have to stop when September 1st hits?  September Write Your Ass Off... SeWriYoAO?  ROFL... or something.

Earlier this morning, I opened my untitled YA fantasy and posted a snippet to Silver's blog for her Wednesday words post.  And I got to thinking that I should probably finish that one of these days.

Then I've got this modern day, urban/dark thing with Arthurian mythology I was working on years ago.

And of course, there's always a third Dennis Haggarty book and a fourth SCIU book I could work on.

Or that genie Christmas short I started.

Too many choices. 

Ever throw more than one toy up in the air for the dog to catch?  The utter chaos of them trying to decide which one to go after... that's where I could easily find myself. 

Probably when it comes time, I'll pluck one out of the air.  Right this second, I'm leaning toward the YA fantasy thing.  We'll see what I come up with when the time comes.  Who knows, I could still be working on Cinder Ugly right up to the end of August.  It keeps throwing twists at me. 

What do you do when it comes time to decide what project to work on next?  Especially when you have a lot of things you could choose from? 

2 comments:

  1. Depends on my deadlines. As soon as I get through NIGHT WISH and get it up, I'll be doing a SeMeWriMyAO spring for the next Tarply book, which has to be in by mid-November. Hopefully, it'll go fast. After that, there's the next RDR book I still owe HQN and a Penumbra I need to finish and...and... *throws up hands* We'll see what happens. 🤣

    As for your next project, I want to read all of those choices so there ya go. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sounds of all of them, but I'm whispering for the YA fantasy. :-)

    ReplyDelete