Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Progress Report 8/5/20

Hello and good morning to you all.

It's the fifth of the month and I've already done 5 days of what I had originally called AugNoWriMo, but I like Silver's suggestion better, so it's now AuGoWriMo - August Go Write Month.

Here's how it's played out so far:

7/31 - 1347
8/1 - 1471
8/2 - 818
8/3 - 887
8/4 - 642

For a total of 5165 words added to Cinder Ugly.  Yay.  Remember, no judging here.  Words every day.  That's it.

And I'm not sure if what I'm laying down is any good.  Also, no judging there.  They're words assembled in some cogent form and editable later.  Not 5165 instances of VERY.  LOL  The story is moving forward toward the climax.  That's all that's important right now.  Whether they're in any shape for other humans to read can't be a consideration.

As an aside, I've heard critics of this style of fast writing (or dirty drafting, if you prefer) question the quality of the writing.  Quality sacrificed in favor of quantity.  Well, duh.  This is NOT good writing and I wouldn't want anyone to see it - not even my BWFs*.  It's supposed to be dirty and gross and messy.  That's what editing is for, silly pants people.  You can't write a book this fast and hope it will be of publication quality when you're finished.  Derp.  Books written the long, slow way still need editing, too.  Perhaps not as much, but the first draft of anything isn't perfect for anyone.

Anyway, progress is being made.  When I don't feel like writing, which has been the last three days, I do it anyway.  Those days I don't make a huge amount of progress, but I make progress. 

How are things going for you?

*Best Writing Friends

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like my version of the tag. It's working for me. I didn't start until Sunday but I've managed over or close t0 2K words on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so about 7K words total. This is HUGE for me. I'm writing in chapters instead of snippets. I'm getting deeper into my characters. Their story is moving forward. It's all good. Messy. Totally needs lots of editing, but all good because forward momentum and new words! Thank you so much for the nudge/push/shove. I truly needed it.

    And look at you! New words every day even when you weren't fired up. That is AWESOME! If I had pompoms, I'd be over here shaking them for you.

    Go get your words done! Then take a walk or go fishing. The heats coming back so this might be the day to go drown some worms. I'm going to finish my morning internet routine and then bang out an ending for the current chapter and start the next.

    Feels good to be getting words down again, doesn't it? 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for new words! You can't edit an empty page; messy words can be fixed. Go for it, my BWF!

    It's much toooooo hot for fishing here, Silver. I barely managed to get out to water my littlest plants. I doubt B.E's lake is in much better shape, though it's a good idea. Fishing = planning time. :-)

    ReplyDelete