Monday, August 24, 2020

And Now It's Done

In case you don't follow The Writing Spectacle (and why not, I might ask - I'm there Tues, Thurs, Sat, & Sun... sheesh), I finished Cinder Ugly's first draft Saturday night.

This book has been a slog...  Stepping into the wayback machine, I see the first time I emailed myself a copy of the work I was doing on this book was July 19th, 2019.  I also see I restarted it on January 3rd.  I fiddled with it some in February, March, and May, then I fell down.  The rest of it was written this month, during the inaugural AuGoWriMo.

And now it's done.  59789 words of occasional awesomeness and occasional dreck.  I like what I wound up doing with the ending.  I'll fix the dreck in the middle during edits.  I have an idea for a new beginning that I'll play with, too.

I took yesterday off of writing.  My first day off in 23 days.  I hope it doesn't become a habit.  Writing every day is good for me. 

Anyway, I'd like to have this out into the world by the end of October, but that depends on editing speed, potential issues, other people's schedules, and the world in general.  I'll be working toward that goal, and that's the best I can tell you right now.

Thanks for all your support through this and everything else.  :hugs:

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! This is me doing the Kermit Dance(tm). VERY proud of you, m'friend. And yes, I think we need to make AuGoWriMo a thing. I'm still struggling and may not hit my goal. I'm going to really work this week. I hope. My brain goes weird places sometime.

    Anyway, crossing fingers for a smooth revision and lots of sales upon release. When the time comes, I'll spread the word! Plus, can't wait to read it. Yayayayayayay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoooo! I can't wait to read it, too! I love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete