Monday, November 4, 2019

Another Sale and NaNo Updates

First off, Blink of an I and Unequal are on sale this week.  I'm calling it The Semi-Spectacular Dystopian Sale, because I'm a dork like that.  Here's the ad image I posted to FB yesterday:

No sales yet, but I'm not really expecting any.  The last sale I had where I only used FB Groups to market was a dud.  I think it has to do with FB's new rules and algorithms.  :shrug:

Anyway, if you're into dystopian or future suspense or speculative fiction (or whatever people are calling it these days), give it a whirl.

On another note, I'm chugging along with NaNo.  I'm behind about 1200 words, but I'm totally cool with that.  The point here is for me to light a fire under my ass and get writing again.  So far, so good.  Three days in a row.  Woohoo!

Okay, prepare to groan... I made a spreadsheet for this year's NaNo.  I kinda had to because I'm not writing a new book and I'm not necessarily adding words in a linear fashion.  Anyway, it looks like this:
As you can see, if you blow it up, I started with 55876 words, so the end goal would be 106K.  It's a fantasy, so not outside the realm of possibility.  If it ends up being shorter, I won't 'win' NaNo officially, but as long as I write every day, I'll win for me.

And maybe this will lead to other goals being met and stuff and junk.  I'm not making any promises, but there's hope.  =o)


3 comments:

  1. Facebook stinks. Always monkeying with the algorithms!

    So excited for you and your progress! That's a lot of words. My daily goal is *usually* 750 or 3 pages on each project. I'm writing more with NaNo (not as much as you), but we'll see if I start getting a little burned out by the middle of the month and have to dial it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned lately that I hate Facebook? And Mondays? Long story. Anyway, good stuffs on the NaNo front! Me too. I've hit my word count + every day so far. I'm not sure about today though, which sucks, and has to do with the long story for Monday. I'm at Only's Stormy-sitting. He's not condusive to concentration, creativity, and/or one hour writing sprints which seems to be working for me this time around. If all else fails, I'll work until midnight tonight to stay with it. If I can get 1k each hourly sprint, and do at least 2 a day, I'm in gravy and thrilled because the words are coming. First time in like...forever.

    Good luck with the sale. They're both awesome books! No go get your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new words! Anything around 100K is perfect for fantasy.

    I hope your sale goes well. They are both intriguing books!

    Now I'm happier than ever that I never joined FB! It sounds useless as an advertising site, which is the only thing I might use it for. This hermit is not social. Umm, you already know that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete