Friday, March 29, 2019

Updates, Such as They Are

I don't have much to talk about with regard to writing/editing today.  I'm still in that limbo place - can't start anything new until I finish UatB and I can't finish UatB right now.  Meh.

Yesterday, the sale for Project Hermes came to an end.  With only my own postings to FB groups, I only sold one book.  I did, however, see movement on some of my other books, so I'm counting it as a win.

I have a sale starting next Wednesday for all of the SCIU books.  DE will be 99c/99p.  The rest will be $1.99/1.99p.  Thru the following Tuesday night.  I didn't manage to set up any paid advertising for this, so we'll see how it goes.  If nothing else, I'll be pimping it on the FB groups.

Someone is currently reading through the SCIU series in Page Reads, one after the other, so that's nice.  They're on Early Grave right now.  I hope they enjoy it.  They must've enjoyed the other two to keep reading them all. 

I do have the ideas necessary to write the fourth SCIU book, but the gumption isn't there.  (See above.)  This may be where I can use my Wrongful Termination title idea, but I'm on the fence about that.  That title was originally meant for one of the Dennis Haggarty books.

I'm planning a sale for the Once Upon a Djinn series for May.  Same general idea as the SCIU sale - the first book at 99c and the rest at $1.99.  Hopefully, by the end of next month I'll have money to pay for advertising.  :fingers crossed:

And maybe I'll do a Dennis Haggarty sale in June.  My goal for 2019 was to do at least one sale a month with advertising.  I'm managing at least one sale a month, but not the advertising part.  Let's hope I can get back on track with that.

All in all, despite the slow March, this hasn't been a horrible sales year so far.  Not the best year either, but I shouldn't complain.  It's been a horrible writing/publishing year, but I have hope for the next nine months. 

Sometimes that's all we can do - hope.

1 comment:

  1. March sales and page reads have sucked. It doesn't help that I haven't published anything in a loooong time. (The Harlequin release notwithstanding. I won't see numbers on that for several months. :( )

    I did get new words--3K of them--written. I think I'm unstuck. We'll see this afternoon. I have hopes of starting back in on a different WIP while awaiting a verdict on what I sent off yesterday.

    I hope we both get unstuck soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete