Monday, February 26, 2018


If you've friended me on FB (and still bother to follow along), you might've seen that I officially rolled over 2000 books sold this morning.  So, I'm celebrating.  Woohoo.

Yeah, it took 3 years of publishing to sell that many copies.  Yeah, it's good in a way.  It depends on the perspective.  If you're a traditionally published author, maybe that's not so woohoo for you.  :shrug:  I am not now, nor will I ever be, traditionally published.  If you've had a lot of money to throw at advertising, maybe 2K is a low number in your world.  I haven't had that option thus far, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

Sure, I wish it was more.  I sold a thousand books my first year.  By that projection, one might think I'd bw passing the 3K mark right now.  Actually, I had hoped it would be exponential and something more along the lines of 1K the first year, 2K the second, 3K the third, so I'd be at the 6K milestone right now.  Hopes and expectations are good, but they're not reality. 

Still, it's a milestone.  And worthy of a minor celebration.  If I drank, I'd toast myself.  Instead, I'll just have some coffee and get ready to get back to work after my week off. 

How do you celebrate the milestones in life? 


  1. Congratulations! Hope it's a special coffee...maybe from a coffee shop. :) You're right about milestones, we do need to celebrate them. I don't do nearly enough of that.

  2. Congratulations! Every milestone is worth celebrating. I might splash a little Bailey's Irish Cream into my coffee to celebrate. Except that would mean opening the bottle that's been sitting in our antique Art Deco bar for....20 years? I wonder if it has an expiration date? Maybe I'll just locate some Bailey's coffee creamer at the store and celebrate that way...

    Where was I? It's Monday and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee. I really need to get off the net and get to work.

    BTW, CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you find a better audience because you're talented and people should read your books!!!!

  3. How do I celebrate the milestones in my life? I post about it on Facebook or my blog! Hahahaha!

    As for sales... 31,000 people downloaded my first book when my publisher made it free. I'd have been happy if even 1% had purchased the rest of the series, but I think 99% of them haven't even read THAT book yet. That's the problem I have with free. People will download, but not necessarily read.