Friday, May 1, 2020

Yep, Slight Delay

Okay, so the possible delay has turned into a definite delay.  Sorry about that, folks.  My grasp exceeded my reach this time.  Don't despair, though.  It'll be done by Monday at the latest.

It's a good thing I'm doing this.  Man, am I finding a lot of typos that I unintentionally inserted as I was fixing other things.  Blerg.  On the bright side, they're getting gone, bit by bit.  As of last night, I had done through pg 146 of 231 pages.  And I'm fixing the errors in batches along the way, so I won't have to do them all when I finish reading, which will save time. 

I'd be further along if I didn't blow Wednesday all to hell by going grocery shopping.  I was wiped out for the rest of the day there.  One thing I did get done Wednesday was the blurb - pre-shopping, of course. 


Jeni Braxxon’s life as a up-and-coming supermodel hit the skids when she found herself cursed.  The asshole who did this to her is rotting in jail, but the curse remains, leaving her as ugly as the north end of a southbound warthog.  Every damn night.  

As if this case of the gruesomes and her impending unemployment wasn’t enough for a gal with serious esteem issues, someone snatches her nephew.  The fight is on to find the boy before something seriously heinous happens.  With the help of her friends and a bit of beastly assistance, Jeni will face down anything this plane or the next throws at her.  If she’s lucky, she might just make it out alive.


And another thing I did was add a series title to the book covers.  I'm going with... drumroll... A Model Curse.  It was the only one I wrote down during brainstorming that didn't suck mightily and was short enough to fit on the covers without being super small.
Succinct and cute.  At least, I think so.  It's pretty much set in stone now, so if you think it's lame, keep it to yourself, k?  (Set in stone because I'm tired of thinking about it and I don't want to have to redo the covers again.)

Right now, it's sitting at about 65K words.  That'll expand some as I put in front and back matter during formatting, but that's the meat of the story without the sauce. 

Again, sorry about the delay.  I'd blame the chaos, but this last delay is on me.  I'll let y'all know when it goes live.  Until then, have a great day and an awesome weekend.  =o)

2 comments:

  1. I hate when those typos creep in like that! And the book goes live when it goes live. No worries.

    Okay, you know me. I can't leave well enough alone. Your first line
    Jeni Braxxon’s life as a up-and-coming supermodel hit the skids when she found herself cursed.

    This feels...passive. Perhaps something like this?
    Jeni Braxxon's life as an up-and-coming supermodel skidded into disaster when she discovered she'd been cursed.

    Just a thought. If you don't change anything, "a" should be "an" before "up-and-coming." I'm going away now. Looking forward to this going live. Would you like to do a "cook the books" Tuesday on my blog? Just let me know. Have an awesome weekend! Make time to go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blurb! Sassy, informative, and fun.

    Better a few days late than to annoy your readers with too many typos.

    And I still love, Love, LOVE the pink! :-D

    ReplyDelete