Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Post-Publication Checklist

There's a lot of stuff to do to publish a book.  And there's a lot to do after you publish a book.  So, here's my post-publication checklist:

Goodreads listing – add ASIN before the book goes live

Add book to your Amazon author page.

Verify book is on Amazon UK author page.

Update FB header.

Add book to all blog sidebars.

Update internal links inside book to Amazon

Post to the blogs

Post to FB pages

Post to Pinterest

Post to Twitter

Post to MEWE

Add book to appropriate Outside the Box book page

Update links on book page – US, UK, CA, AU

Bookmark Amazon pages – US, UK, CA, AU

Update back matter of all other books

Post to FB groups

Fall apart.
 I'm still working on the back matter part.  I already fell apart.  ;o)

Got anything on your checklist that's not on mine?






1 comment:

  1. With 40+ books, I gave up on updating back matter ages ago. I don't have the patience/gumption/fortitude/time.

    I forget to check to see if my book is added to out-of-country author pages but I get sales from there so...yeah. That reminds me, I DO need to start adding my backlist to Bookbub.

    I need to get more social on Twitter and Instagram. Time/inclination/fortitude...

    You've got a good list and I salute you. Wish I had something to add but you're better at the marketing than I am so I humbly follow in your steps. 😋

    ReplyDelete