Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Post-Publication Checklist

Once upon a time, I could keep all the stuff I had to do to get a book out there up in my head.  These are not those days.  Somewhere here I've already posted my checklist for actually publishing a book.  This is my new checklist for all the things I have to do immediately AFTER a book is published.

  1. Goodreads listing – add ASIN before the book goes live
  2. Add book to your Amazon author page.
  3. Verify book is on Amazon UK author page.
  4. Update FB header.
  5. Add book to all blog sidebars.
  6. Update internal links inside book to Amazon
  7. Post to the blogs
  8. Post to FB pages
  9. Post to Twitter
  10. Post to MEWE
  11. Add book to appropriate Outside the Box book page
  12. Update links on book page – US, UK, CA, AU
  13. Bookmark Amazon pages – US, UK, CA, AU
  14. Update back matter of all other books
  15. Post to FB groups
  16. Fall apart.



Anyway, I've gotten most everything done except the back matter thing.  Six books down, seven to go.  It's not hard, it's just tedious.  Oh, I haven't done MEWE yet - forgot the password and am too lazy at the moment to look it up.  And FB group thing will be an ongoing thing.  The falling apart began before I started the list.  ;o)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something...  Ugh.

Well, I guess those are the most import things.  Unless you can think of something important I should be doing...

What's on your list?  Do you have a list? 

3 comments:

  1. I do a lot of that when I have a cover. Can't update Amazon and such, but Goodreads, my FB page, blog, website, they can all be updated (I use my website for my buy links (and excerpts) and when I publish the book, update the website with all the buy links--that way I only have to update one place). Then again, I sell wide. I won't be tied down to only one vendor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. List? What is this thing of which you speak?

    Crud. I hadn't even thought about the UK author page thing. Is there an Australian page too? I should check on that.

    With over 30 books, no way I'm going to update the back matter any time soon but something I should add to my list.

    You're so organized. I REALLY need to find the $$ to hire a virtual assistant to all this stuff for me because I... *head explodes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Silver said. I'm not *nearly* as organized as you are.

    ReplyDelete