Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Stuff and Junk

I last night's writing ended on a plot twist and I have no idea where I'm going next with this.  Which is why I stopped writing last night.  Ah, the joys of flying by the seat of your pants.  I wonder what today's writing session will bring.

This book is currently a hot mess.  Woohoo.

I'm having a flash sale on Friday.  Wish in One Hand and In Deep Wish will both be on sale for 99c/ 99p here and in the UK.  A $3 discount for 24 hours only.  I won't be advertising this because I just thought of it yesterday, but I will be splashing it around FB and Twitter.  Both books were approaching the end of their 90 days with no Countdown Deals, so rather than waste those opportunities, I thought I'd take advantage of them.  We'll see if anything happens.

My sales are sucking hard this month.  I blame lack of advertising.  I really need to do something about that next month.

I went through a period of 'I don't wanna do this anymore' earlier this week.  It lasted a couple hours.  Then I got over it and got back to work.

While I was updating the back matter of In Deep Wish, I found a glaring typo in the last line of the book.  Not sure how I missed it with as many times as I've been over that book, but there it was.  I killed it and the freshly uploaded version no longer has that flaw.  It said 'I've have' instead of 'I'd have'.  I still have to update the paperback version. Blerg.

I wish Amazon would let us do Kindle Countdown Deals for other countries.  I actually had someone in Australia mention this in the comments of one of my posts to a FB group.  I felt really bad that I couldn't give her the discount, too.

The back matter is updated in all but two of my books. Project Hermes and Blink on an I are still on the old back matter.  No a big deal because neither of them are part of a series.  I may be using them as a control for the experiment.  Or I may just be lazy.

Well, time for more coffee.  Got any stuff or junk to talk about this morning?

2 comments:

  1. We had a front come through. High in the 60s. Drizzly rain. Windows open.

    I have one more set of edits on the stupid March book. Gonna get it done today after I get off the net and then that puppy is gone. Yay! *relieved sigh* But that just means I have to get on the next book where I have to fight the editorial changes. :/

    I'm afraid I'm gonna miss all my self-pub deadlines. Which sucks.

    Coffee is my BFF at the moment.

    Depression sucks.

    Did I mention that coffee is my BFF?

    Okay. Time to get to work! Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. Advertising. I guess I should do that... After I port my books out of Createspace. My excuse is this week is Dad-sitting week. Not much is getting done. :-(

    ReplyDelete