Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Stuff and Junk


Two stuffs and a junk, to be exact...

If you haven't heard, Kboards has changed their terms of service.  In a bad way.  Apparently, they got bought out recently and their TOS reads in such a way to make anything you post on their forum theirs to do with as they will without your knowledge or consent.  Sounds like this includes private messages through their system.  I haven't used Kboards in years, so I'm pretty sure whatever is there is so out of date as to be useless.  If you are or were active on there, you might want to check it out and see for yourself.

Yet another celebrity was bashing self-publishing.  Equating it to masturbation or some such nonsense.  At the risk of being crass, if this was like masturbation, it would be way less frustrating and we'd all be way more relaxed.  This is more like manning a tiny little booth at the world's largest tradeshow by yourself, where you've got to try and get noticed but you're shoved in a corner where there's no foot traffic.  While you juggle puppies behind a curtain.  Ugh.

I need a new keyboard again.  This POS is already losing its letters and I never did get used to the smaller Backspace key.  Or the closeness of the Caps Lock to the letter A.  I think I found one on Amazon.  I'll probably order it this week.  We'll see if it's better.

That's about it for me right now.  Got any news to share?







6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Alas, his name shall never cross my keyboard again. Not that I think I've ever mentioned him here previously. I never thought he was any good anyway. I heard about it in one of the writing newsletters I subscribe to.

      Delete
  2. LOL at the clueless celebrity. He has no idea of how much money he's losing by staying trad pub.

    Now I'm glad I never got around to using Kboards.

    Please give us a review on your new keyboard when the time comes. I've never been happy with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he cares. But you're right about him being clueless.

      Yay! It's kind of cliquey over there, if I remember correctly. Or I might be thinking about any one of a number of other forums I tried.

      I certainly will. It's a VicTsing, so probably Chinese, but the reviews are good, so I'm giving it a whirl. It's supposed to have laser-engraved lettering to prevent the letters from rubbing off.

      Delete
  3. I want to know who it was to, just to make sure that I avoid him/her. I don't think I ever used K-boards. I might have looked for info there but took one look and ran. Have you considered getting a cover for the keyboard? I have one for my laptop and one for my split/ergo Microsoft keyboard. It's not a perfect fit--I had to do some trimming and taping but it's kept any more keys from rubbing off. My A,S,F,R,T,M,U were worn before I got it. When this keyboard bites the dust, I'll start off with the vinyl cover. It also help keep cat/dog hair/liquids, chips/cookies, and other detrius from getting into the keys. Just a thought, and cheaper than new keyboards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that'll be a problem for you, Silver.

      I hadn't thought of a cover, but I used one years ago for a job. Back then, the design was kind of meh. Maybe I'll look into one for the future and see if they've gotten better. Thanks.

      Delete