In case you missed it, Sleeping Ugly released late Saturday night. Here are some observations I made this time around...
1) Sleeping Ugly's cover got washed out a little on Amazon. It's way more electric than that.
2) I got a ranking in Australia long before I got one in the US. But I didn't make any Aussie sales before I had US ones, so I'm guessing someone downunder has KU and follows me. G'day, mate.
3) I didn't have a 'release day'. I had a release night. I slept through most of it.
4) After I got the book uploaded for release, all I wanted was a nap. No excitement. No champagne. No woohoo. Just a nap. I settled for no nap because it was almost dinner time and then I went to bed early. Party like a rockstar. Woo.
5) Formatting is easy once you have it down. I have a checklist. And it doesn't take long. I spent maybe an hour formatting SU for epub. I'll spend another hour or so today formatting for print*.
6) Amazon does not like Viner Hand font, which is what the title is supposed to be. (It is Viner Hand in the PDF version I made, but I'm only passing that out to a few people.) But it substituted something nice, so no big thing. I could force it by using a graphic instead of actual font, but meh. Amazon takes a penny for larger files. I want my penny more than I want a cool font.
7) If I put my head down and work like a husky pulling the sled by himself at the Iditarod, I can accomplish things and meet deadlines. But it's tiring as hell.
*In case you missed the news, Createspace might be going away within the next couple months. I'll be shifting my books from there to Amazon's print thingie as soon as I can.