Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lucky Sevens Sunday Snippet - Sleeping Ugly pg 17

Morning again, folks!  It's time again for another Sunday Snippet.  Today we're headed back to Sleeping Ugly (because I've actually got more pages in that book now).

Here Jeni and Gus's conversation got interrupted by a call to come down to the police station.

“You’re sure this isn’t about my folks?”

“I’m sure they’re fine, Miss Braxxon.  This isn’t about them.” He paused.  “It’s about your brother.  His wife reported him missing this morning.”

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I thought.  “I don’t see how that has anything to do with me.”

“She said the last time she saw him, he was headed to your place.  Something about clearing up an old misunderstanding.”

“He wasn’t… I mean, he wouldn’t… We’re estranged.”  That last part came out lame and I knew it.  I just couldn’t envision Ron traipsing up to my place to talk about something that happened years ago.  He knew there wasn’t anything he could say to change my mind.  Even if Anne believed it was all a misunderstanding, my shithead brother knew differently.

“Still, I’m sure how you can understand why we might want to talk to you about this, Miss Braxxon.  Face to face.”

I swallowed hard.  Gus must’ve thought I was going to pass out because he gently pushed me into a nearby chair.  I didn’t blame him.  In seconds I went from disinterested party to suspect.

If you're playing along, the rules are basically pick a snippet from a '7' page - either out of your work or out of someone else's (taking care not to infringe on copyright law) - and post it to your website.  Tada!

Oh, and then link back here and let me know so we can all come see your work.

Other players:

Silver James with a bit from her latest release: Bride's Moon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm hearing ominous music in the background! Great snippet, B.E. Jeni will have to be a night owl until her "affliction" clears, otherwise the jig is up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I'm intrigued about the "misunderstanding"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love where this is going, B.E.! Great snippet - very intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete