Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lucky Sevens Sunday Snippet - Dying Embers pg 87

I feel bad.  I never seem to stop by this blog and leave things for people to read - which was the purpose of this particular blog.  (Well, that and to work a little branding magic - which based on the dearth of followers hasn't worked too well.)

Anyway, I'm going to try something new here and see how it goes.  It's not totally original, since I got the idea from reading Silver James' Six Sentence Sunday posts.  But I'm twisting it a little to make it mine.  Because, hey, that's what writers do.  Right?

The rules are simple:  Go to any '7' page within the manuscript of your choosing - be it pg 7, or pg 27, or pg 207 - find a snippet you'd like to share and post it.

And if you play along, please let me know.  Also, link back here so everyone can see where this thing got started.  Thanks.

This is from page 87 of my suspense novel Dying Embers:

At first glance, nothing about this fit with the killer’s MO. Aside from being intact, the vehicle, while new, wasn’t high-end. It was sitting in its driveway and not pushed into some ravine, even though they’d passed at least a half dozen such geographical goodies on the drive. And the car didn’t show a single sign of fire. 

From the report she’d been given, the glue was there. Even the accelerant was present. But the one crucial piece she’d never failed to leave was missing. 

There was no dead body. 

Hope you enjoyed the snippet. Stop back next Sunday and see if I can keep this up.  ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome snippet! I'd definitely keep reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun! Especially since the group that first started Six Sentence Sunday are ending it in January. I was going to keep posting snippets for the fun of it, though call it something else. I'll start doing Seven's when 6SS ends. :)

    Loved this snippet, FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nat!

    Too cool, Silver! That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete