Night before last, I started the sequel to Song of Storm and Shroud. Last night, I got the last of my edit notes from the beta readers. Needless to say, the new words are on hold so I can finish the edits and get this puppy ready to launch. I also need to do a blurb. Both of those together shouldn't take me too awfully long, so the question now is: Do I upload it and let it launch immediately? Or do I upload it and set it for pre-order?
I've heard pre-order can create buzz and interest in your book. Not sure how that works versus actually having the book available for people to read. Personally, I don't do pre-orders because I don't like things coming out of my bank account all willy-nilly. And I don't like waiting. If I order the book, I want the book now. (For ebooks. Obviously, I am capable of waiting on a print copy to arrive.)
Speaking of print, there will be one. If I upload and set to order immediately, the print will probably be a bit behind that because I have to wait for a proof copy to be delivered and then approve that before I can set it for sale.
Of course, if I set the ebook to pre-order, I could have the print stuff done and ready to go live when the ebook goes live. Decisions decisions.
But, I lack patience. So, this sucker may just go live when I upload it. I want all of you to be able to read it as soon as humanly possible. I'm so excited about this book. I hope you will be, too.