Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Book... Err... Books

 Just so you know, I'm not dead.  And I really am working on the book.  Books.  Whatever.  

Okay, so it was a book.  As in singular.  Now, I think it might be several books.  A trilogy of books.  Each would complete an arc for the characters, with the overall main arc completed in the third book.  And subsequent books will follow the overall arc for these characters and this world.  

If I'm right, it'll go like this: 1) Training at the Academy 2) Hero Stuff 3) Epic Battle Stuff.  

Not sure if I can pull it off as three whole and complete novels, but I'm digging deeper into everyone and everything.  Fleshing it out.  Making it real.  And re-writing the beginning.  As I do this, I know it's going to be a behemoth if I leave it as just one book.  So, the idea now is to make this one book into three books.  We'll see how that goes as I keep making notes and writing new words into the beginning.  

Fantasy... it's a bear, but it's so much fun.

And hey, since I'm not sleeping, I have plenty of time to write.  Right?

2 comments:

  1. Boy I hear you on the not sleeping. It's gettin old. If insomnia was an Olympic sport, we'd be on the podium accepting our medals!

    If not three, maybe a dualogy? Just a thought.

    Fantasy IS a bear, with the wolf howling at it from the woods. But yeah, sort fun too. LOL

    Hang in there. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love trilogies! (And on the business side, it's better to charge for three medium-sized books than one huge one. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete