Friday, May 28, 2021

Sales and Marketing Updates and Junk

It's the last day to get UNEQUAL for free.  Starting tomorrow, BLINK OF AN I will be free for 5 days.  Then the sales begin.  RUMOR HAS IT will be on sale from 6/2-6/8.  The first three genie books will be on sale from the 9th through the 15th and WISH HITS THE FAN will be free from the 9th through the 13th.

I'll schedule additional sales for other books for later in the month.  

The thinking on the Once Upon a Djinn series sale this time is this:  A lot fewer people have read the fourth book than the others.  And I really want them to read that last book.  It's the one where everything comes together and I'm really quite proud of it.  So I made it free, while the other books are cheap.  We'll see if it works.  If you haven't read that last book, you're missing out.

As of this morning, I only moved 12 copies of Unequal, which is kind of depressing.  Dystopian is hard to move anyway, but I guess right now, living in a pre-dystopian world makes it so people don't actually want to read about one.  :shrug:  We'll see what happens with Blink.  

I still don't have money in the budget for advertising, so I'm doing the best I can with the free outlets available to me.  Two of my go-to FB groups have gone to archive - which means they aren't live anymore.  (One of them went to archive in the middle of my advertising campaign, which blew my mind.  One day it was open and the next it was closed.)  FB keeps glitching out on me and making life difficult, but I am persevering.  I have a couple book groups I belong to on MeWe, but the reach still isn't there yet.  

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have read and reviewed my books.  I really do appreciate it.  If you haven't read or reviewed yet, I'd appreciate it if you did.  Every download helps.  Sales help more.  Reviews are icing on the cake.  

2 comments:

  1. That 4th Djinn book is all kinds of awesome! I hope your strategy works. I guess I'm weird because dystopian works for in in dystopian times--either because things COULD be worse or I can get prepared for when they doo-doo.

    FB is a pile of 💩. Just sayin'. I guess, since I'm trying to post at least once a day on MeWe, that I should search out some book groups.

    I can't decide if paid advertising is worth the cost if one is a lower mid-list author. Seems like only the big names profit. Might just be my Debby Downer attitude talking there.

    Hang in there. I love your books and I really wish the world would get on board! In the meantime, the sun is shining, humidity is down, and the temps are cool. Go enjoy your day! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your books are great reads! I wish more people would find them.

    I heard a financial program on the radio, a few months back, that said most paid advertising is a waste of money, that word of mouth and peer to peer did a far better job. They weren't talking about books, just in general.

    Wishing you luck on your sales!

    ReplyDelete