Friday, February 21, 2020

No More Excuses

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn sick of myself.  I keep intending to work on my books, but like Dad always said 'intentions are for shit'.  Meaning, of course, that you can have all the intentions in the world, but they aren't good for much of anything without action.

It's action I'm lacking.

I mean, I talk about... check that... whine about not having gumption or getting anything done.  But I don't actually DO anything about it.  Slacker.

Okay, so now's the time to do something.  As such, I'm making the commitment to have Ugly and the Beast ready to go out to one or two people for beta reading / proofing by the end of the month.  I was on page 115 of my edits as of quittin' time yesterday.  That leaves about 100 pages to go, understanding that I'm adding words and pages as I edit, and nine days in which to get those pages into shape.  How long it takes the readers to do their magic and me to fix what they find will dictate when UatB goes live, but it will go live.  Dammit.

Then I'm going to finish writing Cinder Ugly if it kills me.  Which it might.  It's a pretty ugly manuscript so far.  Like 'monster in Wish Hits the Fan' ugly.  (If you haven't read it, I can't help you understand it better.  Think big, nasty, gruesome bitch.)  I'll kill the beast and hang her head on my wall.

No more excuses.  No more whining.  Just get 'er done. 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet! Your support means the world to me. :hugs:

      Delete
  2. What Janet said! I had some vague notion of having Betrayal ready to upload by the end of this month. Yeah...then I hit the structural/time line glitches and they are driving my mind into a whimpering fetal-position lump of goo. Sometimes, my anal/logical lobe gets in the way of the creative side. Iffy needs wine and chocolate. Or some cheese to go with the whine.

    We got this, sister! Now, we both need to work. Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver! Your support also means the world to me. :hugs:

      Don't worry. You'll get there. And then this book will be out in the world for people to love, too.

      No work here, yet. First, it was errands. Then it was lunch. Then a nap that wasn't a nap. And now I'm crabby. I'll get my 20 pages edited before Live PD tonight or no Live PD for me.

      Delete
  3. You can do it! You've got the gumption (even if you need to pull it out from under the couch by its tail.)

    Let me know if you need an extra proof-reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Your support means the world to me, too. I don't know what I'd do without you gals. :hugs:

      I'll definitely be taking you up on that. =o)

      Delete