Monday, April 30, 2018

The Numbers

I said I'd give you the numbers from last week's extravaganza, and here they are, as of 8pm CDT Sunday night...

Dying Embers was free, and I moved just over a thousand copies of that.  I also saw a few page reads, but not much yet.  I'm hoping to see more of those as the days go by.

Fertile Ground was (and is thru the end of today) 99c or .99p.  I sold 16 copies of that.

Early Grave was and is $2.99.  Through the course of the sale, I sold 2.

I paid $18 in advertising.  One ad for each book, $6 per ad.  All with Authors' Billboard - they have a newsletter that only comes out on Fridays, so you have to make sure your ad is in before Monday.  But that's way better than needing to plan weeks in advance.  (Which I suck at.)

The hope, as always, is that I will see additional sales and pages read over the course of the next week or so.  It doesn't always happen, but the hope is there.

During this, I also saw an additional rating for DE over at Goodreads.  And one new 5-star review at both Amazon and Goodreads.

DE made a ranking as high as #20 in the Free Mystery/Thriller - Crime section.  And into the top 300-something in all books.

The biggest day for all of this was the 25th - the day it all started.  The day the ads came out did not show me the uptick I was hoping for, but them's the breaks.  As I said before, though, it was just one ad at a minor advertising venue.  If I'd been on the ball, I would've had more ads with better placement.  Maybe next time.

The final day, yesterday, I blitzkrieged FB groups with the 'last day for free' thing on DE. I saw a slight uptick from what I expected the last day to look like and one more FG sale.

All in all, I'm happy with the results.  Any questions?

2 comments:

  1. All pretty self-explanatory. Let's hope all those people who grabbed DE will go on to read the other SCIU books! And then moving on to the rest of your backlist.

    ReplyDelete