Monday, August 15, 2016

Release Update

Last night I turned in the edits for Up Wish Creek.  14 days after I got the edit notes from my editor.  I'm pretty floored.  I have never turned around editing that fast.  Not the first round of editor edits anyway.  The last round goes quicker, naturally.  It's all commas and typos and 'hey, did you mean to put that there?'

I already knew I could write 50K words in a month - thanks to NaNoWriMo - but I wasn't sure I could do this.  I had hopes.  I had foolish dreams that I could turn it around in a week.  (Ummm, yah.  That was kinda crazypants.)  But I did it.  I edited 212 pages in 2 weeks.

What this means for you?  Well, she'll have the final round back to me on the 30th*.  If I bust ass like I did these past two weeks, I should be able to have this book in your hands before the 14th of September.  So only like a week later than my plan of having this out by Labor Day.  I won't put it up for pre-order this time.  It'll just be live when it goes live.  It's quicker that way.  Trust me.

Basically, what I'm saying is....  ONE MONTH! 

And I think you'll really like this one.  I know I really like it.  Jo's at it again... and well... things happen...

Ack, I need to write the marketing copy for this.  I'm so totally hosed on that.  Massive muse failure.  She's sleeping it off somewhere, I'm sure. 

Anyway, I'll have it ready in plenty of time.  Meanwhile, here's the pretty cover again**.




*Huge thanks to Janet at Pink Pencil Editing for giving me a quicker turnaround time than usual.  This is part of the reason why I call her AWE (Awesome Wonderful Editor). 

** Huge thanks also to Jessica Allain at Enchanted Whispers Art.  She rocked the hell out of my covers.  Way better experience than with the dude who did the initial cover for Wish in One Hand

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'll put it on my reading calendar! :D

    And it's amazing what you can do when you're driven. LOLOL I still have the end to write this morning, then to the editor for a fast turnaround and then upload in 4 day.s Criminy!!! Later, tater!

    ReplyDelete