Monday, April 20, 2020

Updates and Junk

Well, hello there!  It's been almost a month since I posted here, because, well, it's been longer than that since I actually did anything writerly or had anything writerly to talk about.  If you want to see what I was up to, go to The Writing Spectacle.  When I'm not here, I'm generally over there.

Things have been bad here with regard to writing or anything writing related.  The last time I worked was March 15th - you know, before it all went to hell.  The last time I sold anything was March 20th.

Since it had all gone to hell in March, I didn't even bother updating my spreadsheets to show the month of April.  And it's already getting near time to do May.  Yep, yep.

All of that changed over the weekend.  I made it change.  As I said on yesterday's Sunday Update post, this chaos crap has already taken up too much of my time and mental real estate, and it's time to get back to business.

To that end, I made myself sit down and work on getting Ugly and the Beast ready for publication.  I had hoped to have it to you by the end of last month. Well, hope in one hand... right?   The new hope is to have it to you by the end of this month.  Good lord willin' and the crick don't rise.  All I have to do is finish these edits my wonderful proofer friends sent along to me last month, weed out some crutch words, check it all over again, and then format the sucker.  (Your work was not wasted, proofer friends, just delayed a bit.)

Meanwhile, I have the next scenes for Cinder Ugly waiting for me to write.  I'm not promising anything with regard to dates for that yet.  Until I have the first draft completed, I can't even hint at a date.  All I can promise is that I seem to be back on track again.

Not sure what this'll mean in the long run.  Will sales climb out of the dumper?  Time will tell.  All I know is that I've had enough of this and I'm ready for a return to normal again.  I have no control over what happens out there in the world, but I can control what happens in here.  Time to take control again.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're back on track! I agree...it's nice to control what we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on finishing the edits and new ideas! I read this at about 3 this morning. Long story. I'd just finishe the audio book I was listening to and knew there was a waiting list at the library but I didn't want to return it until I'd done my Goodreads things. So I tried to do some plotting. Ended up with a short covernsation. Decided I'd better give up and go type it down because I'd definitely have forgotten the exact wording by morning. So I did. And checked my blog roll. Saw this. Read it. After a WW trip this morning, finally catching up to normal routine.

    Imma gonna need a nap this afternoon. Fixing soft tacos for dinner so easy-peasy. Brain is not braining so will be a necessity in a couple of hours. Hopefully, I can spark some words before then. Even non-braining words are better than a blank page. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

    That and coffee. Of which I need more. I didn't get a cup before heading out to Wally's place. Seize the day! And the control that comes with it! You got this. Later, tater. 🥰😷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting your editing mojo on track!

    My brain is stuck in the book I'm reading. I do love Robin Hobb, but she makes real life hard to come back to. LOL!

    ReplyDelete