Monday, December 9, 2019

The Rest of 2019 is a Wash

In case you missed it on yesterday's post at The Writing Spectacle, I talked about giving up on writing for the rest of the year.  And giving up on talking about writing.  And how it will probably mean a loss of posts here at Outside the Box.    If you stop by here on regularly scheduled posting days and there isn't anything new, I hope you'll stop over at The Writing Spectacle.  The posts there won't necessarily be writerly, of course.  I talk about all sorts of stuff over there.

I'm doing this because, right now, I'm not writing and everything I have to say about writing is depressing.  Plus, I think that talking about writing, or lack thereof, is actually not doing me any good as far as writing goes. 

Don't worry.  I am not quitting writing or this blog.  I'm merely taking a break.  Or as Hubs is fond of saying, "When you're lost in the woods, just stop."  It's a time to get my bearings without further thrashing around getting more lost.

Maybe it's like trying to coax a rabbit out of hiding.  The more noise you make and the more you try, the more it will shrink away from you.  But, if you sit very still, it may come out of its hole.  :shrug:  It's a theory.

Anyway, thanks for following this blog.  I hope you'll continue to do so in the coming year.  I'm not entirely sure there won't be any posts here between now and then, but I wanted to give you a heads-up that the regular schedule won't be regular.

3 comments:

  1. Big hugs. I'm catching up in reverse order. I'll be here when you get back. And if you need an ear, I've one to lend. Writing and inspiration is like herding cats. We've all been there. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom from your husband!

    I subscribe to your RSS feed, so when a new post comes out, I'll see it that way. :) I think you're doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaks are good for recharging batteries. I like your husband's advice.

    Both of your blogs are in my Bloglovin feed. I'll be back when you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete