Sunday, August 18, 2013

Beginnings - Djinn 2

Today is supposed to be the day to post the beginning of the sequel to Djinnocide... but the first few pages of Djinn 2 (not the real name... I don't have one yet) are rife with spoilers for Djinnocide.  I still hope to someday get that sucker published, so I really don't want to leave spoilers laying around the internet for potential readers to discover. 

Let's just say the book starts out later in the day where Djinnocide ends.  And Jo's already in deep shit again.  Someone's been kidnapped, someone's lying, and someone's either making the people who know Jo best disappear or wiping out their memories.  She'll have to make friends with an enemy, get help from on high, and do a little business with a guy who may or may not have been Rasputin.  But Jo's not the only djinn at stake here.  And the ultimate sacrifice this time may be the secrecy all genie-kind hold dear.

I really put the screws to her this time.  And some readers are going to hate me...   Bwa ha ha. 

Needless to say, I love this book.  I really wish I could share it with you all.  It's killing me that I can't give you a piece, but the whole damn thing is riddled with spoilers of one kind or another.

Stop by next week when I share the beginning of my last unfinished WIP - Sleeping Ugly.

2 comments:

  1. You big tease!!!! Arghhhhhhh. Now I really want to crack the whip so you will get back to work on this and get it finished so I can read it!!!

    Speaking of, back to work for me. With lucky, BLACK MAIC will be done today or tomorrow, barring unforeseen shi..stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I sent you something via email, Silver. I don't know when I'll finish this. Too many kitty toys in the air. Good luck getting Black Magic done, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for no unforeseen shtuff. ;o)

    ReplyDelete