Friday, July 12, 2019

Rambling

July is sales month here.  One sale down, in the middle of another, with three more in the chute.  Not sure about the wisdom of that because I'm already tired of marketing and it's only the 12th.  The upside is that I've sold 5 books this month I wouldn't have sold if I wasn't out there humping.  But it's so tedious.  Ugh.

I really need to get back to writing.  The creativity is all jammed up inside my head with no outlet.  So it's been leaking out in conversation.  Hubs is understanding, of course, but I'm sure he's got to be thinking 'what the hell is up with her?'  Other people just look at me like I'm nuts. 

I still have that idea written on a napkin in the living room.  I really need to bring it in here and type it into my ideas file before I accidentally use the napkin to wipe my fingers or something.  It's already out of my head, so I'd better do something with its hardcopy form.  Blerg.

The other day, I read a blog post detailing a particular author's pet peeves about things they've read.  I confess to at least one of the things.  I won't tell you which.  I also have no urge to change what I'm doing.  One person's pet peeve is not enough of a poke in the butt. Which reminds me of a saying I read the other day "Never pay attention to the opinions of people you wouldn't ask for advice."  Or something like that.  You get the gist. 

I can't believe it's almost halfway through July and I haven't published anything this year.  And the coming months ain't lookin' too good neither.  Ugly and the Beast might still be published this year, but I can't promise anything at this point.  Cinder Ugly might still be written this year, but... :shrug:  As I said in a comment on someone else's blog, this is the Year of the Procrastinator.


I had an idea for a really good post for today.  As you can see, the idea ran away before I could wrestle it down.  Another key factor in why I am not writing, I guess.  The ideas are running around like mice and I'm a cat.  And not a very good one, at that.  If the analogy were true, I'd be one starving kitty.

Well, thanks for stopping by and hanging in with me all the way to the bottom of the rambling post.  Feel free to ramble along in the comments.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah...I know exactly what your brain feels like. Not a pretty place inside my head at the moment. And I hear you on the publishing. I gotta get off this merry-go-round. Except it feels more like a treadmill. Anyway.

    At least you're marketing. More than I can say for me. Ah well.

    Loki's playing more, eating a little. I'm going to force feed him a little more today because what he's nibbling isn't enough to sustain him. Good news is, meds should be over tonight.

    And that's my randomness. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs. I think I understand: My fiction well is dry at the moment. I'm hoping that once I finish the dressmaking book I'll be more inclined toward story telling.

    The car is finally out of the shop, so we went shopping today. The cupboards are in better shape, but I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Churchill is on his 4th or 5th nap just since I got home. Cats have their priorities straight. :-)

    ReplyDelete