Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July Sale #4 - A Dennis Haggarty Mystery Series

Here we are nearing the end of the month.  Like I said at the beginning, July was my month for sales.  Well, to have things on sale anyway.  To that end, from now through the night of the 29th, my series 'A Dennis Haggarty Mystery' is on sale.  All both of them.  (Yes, I have plans for more.  No, I don't know when book three will actually happen.)

Now's the time to buy Accidental Death and Natural Causes for only 99c/99p each.  Or, if you've already read AD, now's the time to pick up NC. 

This is a true series with Dennis Haggarty as the main character.  They're both 'Big City Cop meets Small Town Murder'.  Except in NC, the Big City Cop is now the police chief of a small mountain town.  Dennis still has to deal with things he's not used to - small town cliques and small town minds.  He's still not used to any of it.  Poor guy.

I won't tell you much more about NC, in case you haven't read AD yet.

As for AD, it came about after living in a small town in CO and being a watcher to the things that went on there.  It's also based on growing up on the outskirts of a small town in Michigan, and watching all the things that happened then.  Add those experiences to my suspicious mind and my overactive imagination, and you get murder that might not necessarily look like murder.  Especially harrowing when you're up against people who don't want it to be anything so vile as homicide.  Fortunately, Dennis knows better and he's not the kind of man to back down when he's out for justice.

The third book is just an idea in my head.  I picture Dennis going off to a regional police chief's conference, discovering a body or two, and then running afoul of all the small town police chiefs who don't want it to be murder.  Or something.  Dennis can't catch a break. 

It's just a zygote right now, so don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Meanwhile, these two can be read without having to wait on the third book.  No cliffhangers.  They're both fully-encapsulated stories within themselves.  But you might want to read them in order.  NC has some stuff about things that happened in AD that might be confusing if you haven't read AD yet. 

I hope you give them a try and enjoy them. 

Oh, and they totally aren't 'cozy', so don't be surprised.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I love these books! Can't wait to read the third one!

    Hey, I missed your post yesterday. Or my blog-reader lost it... Wouldn't be the firsts time.

    Wishing you great success with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally brainfarted out yesterday, so no post. You didn't miss anything.

      Delete