Monday, July 22, 2019

I Joined Pinterest... Lord Help Me.

Okay, so I took the leap Saturday and joined Pinterest.  I'm here if you want to check it out.  I spent a chunk of time over the weekend uploading book covers and images, linking them to Amazon, and categorizing things.  I also have a board of 'writerly quotes' and one of 'books I've enjoyed'. 

I'd heard somewhere around the webz that this can potentially help me sell books.  It's worth a try.   Can't hurt things. right?

It is a tremendous timesuck.  I hope it'll all be worth it down the road eventually.

I'm trying to follow authors I know or love, so if you have Pinterest page, mention it in the comments. (No links, please.  I'll find you.)

I'll be pinning things that strike me as interesting or pertinent as time goes by.  This might also include recipes and pictures of cute animals.   I also have plans to make my own images and throw them in there.  Maybe once a week.  We'll see.

I'm also looking into something called Parler as an alternative to Twitter.  Or in conjunction with Twitter.  Or something.  We'll see.  I'll let you know.

Any place I can market, I need to market.  Right?  But first, I need followers.  Otherwise, I'm marketing to myself.  And I've already bought all my books.  ;o)

Anyway, if you're there, see ya there.  If not, I'll still be here.  And on FB.  And Twitter (sometimes).

What social media sites do you use?  Anything else I should be giving a whirl?  (Not Instagram.  They won't let me upload anything from my desktop and I don't own a smartphone.)


2 comments:

  1. I've got an ancient profile on Pinterest, but the account is basically inactive. :( I'm reluctantly on Instagram, but I find it annoying that I can't work it from my laptop and that I can't easily schedule posts. Right now my daughter is handling the account for me before she goes away to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how it goes!

    At the moment I don't use ANY social media. (Bad writer!) I've been such a hermit lately, I even cut back on the blogs I follow. I guess I need to get out more. ;-)

    ReplyDelete