Wednesday, July 17, 2019

July Sale #3 - Sleeping Ugly

Yesterday, the sale for Blink of an I ended and the new sale began.  Right now, I've got Sleeping Ugly on sale for 99c in the US and 99p in the UK

The journey for Sleeping Ugly began years ago.  I was looking for something new to write in urban fantasy and something my older brother once said came to mind.  When I was a teenager, he was home on leave from the Air Force and just after I'd staggered out of bed, he said, "You're not Sleeping Beauty.  You're Sleepin' Ugly."

Needless to say, I'm sure I shot him the stink eye.  He was joking around, and I was probably totally not in the mood for it.  Even if he was probably right at the time.  Ugh, bed head.  Anyway, years later, the phrase popped into my head and along with it, the basic premise for the book - a supermodel is cursed and turns ugly while she sleeps. 

She's got a brother.  He's totally not modeled on my brother at all.  Well, maybe a little of him hearkens back to my feeling for my brother on that long ago morning when, sans coffee because I was only like 16, I tumbled out into the living room and heard his words.  I actually like and appreciate my brother and he never did to me what Josh did to Jeni.  Plus, my bro is totally not evil.  He's a hard-working dude with two awesome sons.

Right now, I'm working on cleaning up the sequel to Sleeping Ugly - Ugly and the Beast. I got through the surface edits yesterday.  And I made a start on the third and final book, Cinder Ugly, last night.

Anyway, together for the first time ever, here's what the three of them will look like when the other two are published.  (Hoping to have UatB and CU done and released one after the other before the end of the year, but you know how things go.)
Warning: These are not safe for kids or for people with tender sensibilities.  Jeni swears.  A lot. But she's a good gal.  And the story is loads of fun.

I hope you'll give it a try and hang in there with me as I work to get the other two finished and published.  Thanks!




2 comments:

  1. I ❤❤ those covers! They. Are. AWESOME! Terrific .
    ..... nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Aaanndddd, Loki says "Hi." What was I going to say before I so rudely (if cutely) interrupted... Oh, yeah. Terrific branding on the series. Glad you found your gumption. Proud of you. Here's to good sales and many words and edited pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love your covers!

    Sleeping Ugly is a fun read. Highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete