Friday, March 11, 2022

Time to Write the Cover Copy... Err, Maybe

It's time once again to create attractive and alluring cover copy that will encourage people to buy my book.  And once again, I am dreading it.

Or as I joked to Hubs a minute ago...

"So, you see, it's like this fantasy.  And there's a dude and a girl... well, they're twins, you see, and they have magic... Well, she doesn't, but he does... and they go to a school to train... but it's totally not like Hogwarts..." and this point I chortled and guffawed like an inbred idiot. 

Hey, he laughed.

But yeah, I feel like an inbred idiot every time I try to start writing this damn cover copy.  Is it too much to ask that people just see the title and the cover and go 'wow, I totally want to buy that'?  I mean, SONG OF STORM AND SHROUD totally says awesome fantasy novel.  Add that to this awesome cover...


And readers should already know it's gonna be good.  Right?  RIGHT?

Okay, maybe readers need more.  And I'll produce more.  Maybe not today, but definitely soon.  When I have it, you'll know.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's good! And I hates...HATES to write the blurb. With eye-stabby please no begging hatred. So yeah. Good luck with that. LOL You always find a way to nail it. Now stop whining and just do it. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.
    Twins are separated by their magical skills, but their world can only be saved by their working together.

    Nope. But I hope my lame effort sparks your Muse!

    ReplyDelete