Friday, July 6, 2018

Updates and Junk

Okay, so the ad on Wednesday was a bust.  I sold 5 copies of Project Hermes that day.  Which puts me about $45 in the hole for that one.  Eh, live and learn.  I didn't have any expectations for this, so I'm not crushed or anything.  I did start seeing page reads for it last night, so maybe there's hope.

On the bright side, PH went from 1.2 millionth in all books to 39K in all books and reached like 253rd in Technothrillers.  Not sure why Amazon put it there, but hey, it's kinda technothrillerish.  Also not sure how it went so high with only 5 sales.  I'm hoping a lot of KU readers downloaded it due to the ad.  Wouldn't that be lovely?

In other news, Early Grave got another 5 star review at Amazon.  Someone who'd reviewed both Dying Embers and Fertile Ground, so yay.

And both Accidental Death and In Deep Wish got new ratings at Goodreads.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.

I found a couple new (to me) advertising venues I'm going to try - one for strictly mystery/suspense and the other for just SF/F.  Unfortunately, they both require the books to have at least 10 Amazon reviews, so I only have a few books to choose from for advertising there.  I think Dying Embers later this month and Wish in One Hand sometime next month.   We'll see.

I have until no later than the 18th to get Sleeping Ugly whipped into better shape and back into my editor's hands.   I'm hoping for an August 29th release, so you'll have it your hands for reading over Labor Day weekend.  Provided I get the editing done and my cover artist gets the cover done and there's no floods, famines, pestilences, Armageddons, etc.  As we get closer to getting this published, I'll have a better idea of whether I'll make the date, go early, or completely fall apart.

And that's about it for updates. 

Any questions?  Got any news of your own?

4 comments:

  1. Hugs on the poor ad performance. Yay for getting so high in technothrillers!

    Here's an article I plan to study when I have time:
    10 Ways to Promote Backlist Titles
    http://blog.janicehardy.com/2018/07/10-ways-to-promote-backlist-titles.html

    It has suggestions, but the useful part is a list of sites where you can mention your ad. I haven't looked yet to see what they cost or what they actually DO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. :hugs:

      And thanks for the article. I'll check it out over the weekend.

      Delete
  2. NIGHT FALL went live yesterday.

    I finally got around to returning my books to pre-birthday sale prices--all except the Nightrider books. I left them cheap for the release since I priced NF at regular price of $2.99. Maybe people will go grab the others. *shrug*

    It's hot.

    I'm supposed to do a book sale/signing at a small local library on Tuesday. And I leave for Denver a week from Monday. *sigh* So much to do and so little time to do it. And I'm tired. Ah well. Such is life.

    Have a great weekend. Stay in where it's cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlin', you need to drop links like they're freakin' candy. Here, there, and everywhere. I hunted it down and one-clicked it. It'll be up next on my reading list, even if I might have to read some of it with my eyes closed because it's super spicy. ;o)

      Good luck with the signing/sale! And have a blast at RWA this year. Yeah, figures they'd have it in Denver after I leave CO. Derp.

      You have a great weekend, too, and oh yeah, I'll be soaking up the AC for sure.

      Delete