Friday, July 27, 2018

Stuffs and Junk

I got a glimpse of the cover for Sleeping Ugly last night.  SQUEE!  Can't show it to you guys yet because it needs a eensy bit of tweaking.  But squee.  And soon, I'll be able to share it all over the place. 

Ugly and the Beast is coming right along.  Not sure if that's the right title for it yet.  I took last night off because I was pooped... okay, and because I'm not quite sure what the next scene is going to be... but I should be back to it tonight.  As of now, it's sitting at 12,700 words.

The sale and the ad for this week is coming right along, too.  There's still today to go on the sale.  All three SCIU books are 99c each.  Get 'em while they're hot.

I think I figured out the reason why these ads are not performing like the ads I placed in 2015.  In 2015, there was no Kindle Unlimited.  So people would buy the whole book and it would sit on their Kindle unread and no one would ever know.  Now, they use their KU subscription to get the book and sometimes they read it, but sometimes it sits on the Kindle unread until it drops off or whatever. It's good because people aren't paying for books they don't actually read.  But yah, it hurts the sales numbers. 

I'm still getting a good return on the ads, though, and I'm getting plenty of residual page reads, so it's all good. 

And that's it for me right now.  Any questions?  Comments?  News?

2 comments:

  1. Woohoooo! I can't wait to see the cover!

    Yay for your ads! :-D

    Yikes, I still haven't set up mine. :-( One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting some sales! Can't wait to see the cover. I'm waiting on my next cover from Only. On the marketing side, I never did figure out how to set up a FB ad. Just as well, since BLOOD MOON is only on a 1-day sale for free. I need to win the lottery so I can hire an assistant to do all the marketing and social media crap.

    It's after noon and I haven't written a word. I have to have UaAM to beta and editor on August 1. I really need to get the lead out. If I used that phrase, would anyone actually know what it means?

    Music. I never did check for that song you reminded me about the other day. I need to do that. I also need to get lots of words. I should get on that. Like...now! LOL

    Later, tater. Have a good weekend. Oh, and go fishing.

    ReplyDelete