Friday, April 5, 2019

Stuffs

Amazon wrote back and told me everything was fine.  :shrug:  So, I proceeded with the marketing yesterday.  And nothing happened.  I'll keep trying, but I know how things go when I don't have paid advertising.

Anyway, here's what I put out to all the FB groups yesterday:
Ready for some exciting reads? Try the Serial Crimes Investigation Unit (SCIU) series. Follow Jace as she pursues a killer burning victims alive. Watch Teri as she hunts a rapist intent on playing God. Tag along with Ned as he tracks a murderer killing the elderly. Snag all the suspense, thrills, and justice right now for less than $5/£5. (Always free with Kindle Unlimited.) - with links and hashtags and junk.

Lame?  Possibly.  But I was trying something different.  I figured I'd get at least an A for effort, but I suspect I got an E because no sales. and my rankings didn't move in an upward direction, so no downloading for future KU reads either.

In other news, I got back to editing Ugly and the Beast.  It's not quite as awful as I thought.  Oh, it's pretty messed up - being a first draft and all - but I can work with this.  Then I need to get off my dead ass and write Cinder Ugly.  The money might not be there for editing and publishing, but I can have things ready for when it is there.  Sitting around waiting for the magical moment when all the stars align and their light illuminates me is for the birds.

So, it's back to work for me.  Which really bums out my dead ass.  It was really getting into not working.  But not working means not getting paid in the future.  Know what I'm sayin'?

What stuffs are going on in your world these days?  All good things, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Well...bummer. But yeah, I get it. My April sales? Totally dismal.

    Yay on the editing though. You never know when you'll have a window to jump through with them. That's one reason I'm looking at old MSS that I've done nothing with. They're written won't take as long to get them publication ready. Still...it's depressing.

    Not gonna let it get me down, though. Upward and onward!

    ReplyDelete