Monday, April 22, 2019

I Don't Wanna!

I don't wanna market anymore.  I swear to god, if I have to do one more post about this sale... or any sale, for that matter... I'm gonna scream.  And maybe roll around on the floor, holding my breath.

Umm, yeah.

Marketing is a pain in the ass.  But here's the deal...

If I don't market, I don't sell books.  I may only sell one or two books from my own efforts, but it's one or two I didn't sell before I carpet bombed FB with my marketing posts.  Is that effective use of my time?  Oh, hell, no.  At that rate, I make about $4 an hour.  But the alternative is making $0.  Zero bucks for zero effort.  Fair, but it ain't gonna put moolah in the bank account.

I make more money from advertising, which is minimal effort on my part with better gains, but in order to do that, I have to have the money to spent the money to make the money... Ugh, that gives me a headache.

So, what do you do when you're pretty much broke and still want to market?  You suck it up and do what you don't wanna do. 

Doesn't mean I have to like it.  Doesn't mean I won't whine about it.  But on this last day of my sale, I have to suck it up and post those posts and see if I can't generate some sales.  Five groups down, eight more to go. Then the marketing will be done for this sale.  (Because I can only post once per day per group.)

And it does work.  Maybe not gangbusters - like I said only one or two sales extra - but a trickle is better than crickets. 

So, I'll gird my loins and finish out the marketing extravaganza this morning.  Then I'll start thinking about next month's marketing blitz.  Gah.  I wish I could just pay someone to do this for me.  But that would defeat the purpose.  And you know what they say about wishing... Heh.  Wish in one hand...

Speaking of which, the wish books will be next on the marketing go-'round.  (Had to throw that last marketing thing in there.  Can't help myself.)

And now that I've given myself this little pep-talk (mental kick in the pants), I should probably quit stalling and get back at it.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I want to be in a position to pay someone to market all that marketing stuff for but yeah. Takes moolah. Of which is in short supply. Barring that, I just need to get more books out there. But that takes time and brain cells. Plenty of one, none of the other. I leave it to you to pick which. LOLOL

    Okay. Enough grousing. I have books to write! Have a great week and here's hoping you sell more books! Because I want you to keep writing so I can keep buying and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to win the Lotto (buying a ticket would help) I'd use a big chuck of the money to hire somebody to market my books. And to buy advertising.

    As it is... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete