Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Finish the Darn Book

So, this morning, I got the cover mock-up for Ugly and the Beast.  It looks awesome and I approved it. It's super cute.  Jeni doesn't look pissed this time.  And there's a kitty involved.  I am hesitant to show it, though, because the darn book isn't finished yet. 

But the cover definitely encourages me to get off my dead butt and get back to work. 

After I finish editing Unequal, which I really need to do like yesterday.  Today will be a marathon editing day again.  I'm still looking at having this to the editor by the end of the week.  Which is like three days from now.  Which means three marathon days... :panics a little: 

Once I get Unequal off my plate, I can get UatB back on track.  Which, unfortunately, means scrapping most of what I've already written and starting over.  I can do it, but ugh.

Of course, as luck would have it, I also received a packet of work from pay-job that I need to complete ASAP.  Busy busy.  Good thing I don't have any other tasks today.

And there's my life in a nutshell.  Get off my butt and finish editing Unequal, so I can finish writing the darn book and then you can see the cover and then you can read it sometime in the first quarter of next year.

You know, if I don't burn myself into a crispy critter before then.


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a great cover illustration! Having the cover done always helps me. I suppose I should work on that, considering how stalled I am.

    Yay for paying work! Wishing much success on your edits. And I sincerely hope you don't need to rewrite all of UatB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No crispy critters! I'll get off my arse if you'll get off mine. This is my last stop and then I am going to get two chapters done. Then I need to do some outside stuff before the freeze hits. And it's almost noon so....

    Later, tater.

    ReplyDelete