Friday, August 31, 2018

Paperback Update Stuff

Here's an article on Moving From Createspace to KDP that explains some things.  Mainly, I learned why I can't find the easy way to port my books over.  They don't give you the option, I guess, until they send you the letter.  And I haven't gotten mine yet.  I expect they're doing all the more important, better selling people first.  :shrug:

My proof for Sleeping Ugly arrived yesterday.  It's gorgeous.  Unfortunately, there was a glitch in the Createspace system and I had no way to approve it.  I wrote them a note and they fixed it.  I approved the paperback and it's available for purchase now at CS.  It'll be available on Amazon in 3-5 days.

Here's the paperback cover...
Pretty, eh?  She sends it to me only in PDF, so I had to screen capture the above, but that's basically it.

I'm waiting on the proof for Early Grave.  Here's the print cover I came up with for that...
Fingers crossed it looks as good in person.

Every finger crossed that my paperbacks work out with the Amazon printing process.  If I have to buy a new set of proofs for 12 books, it's going to put a dent in my budget.  And if I have to buy all new proofs, I'll be giving away old proofs.  My friggin' proof shelf is overloaded as it is.

Oh, and I ordered copies of Sleeping Ugly.  When those arrive, I'll do a giveaway or something.

Don't expect a paperback of Blink of an I any time soon.  I had planned to start that process after I did Early Grave, but then the CS thing became real.  It's gone this long without a paperback, it can go a little while longer.

Meanwhile, it's back to manuscript polishing on Unequal for me.  I have about a hundred pages left to go before I send this to AWE tomorrow.  And after I finish this, I will be back to writing new words on Ugly and the Beast

Have a great weekend, folks. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Sleeping Ugly! Gorgeous cover!!! I like Early Grave's cover, too. :-)

    I haven't gotten the email, either. And I don't plan to buy new proofs when I do - the previewer will show enough, I hope. Hmm. I might buy proofs for the illustrated books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb!

      Fingers crossed your books all come out okay.

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten my email either. I'll check out the article when I don't have JGG running amok. The covers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Silver!

      I hope you had fun with your Jolly Green Giant!

      Delete