Monday, May 28, 2018

Marketing Results

I know the sale isn't over yet.  You can still get Wish in One Hand for only 99c/.99p through midnight Pacific time (or Grenwich time for the UK) tonight.  But the initial results for the ENT ad are pretty much in, so I thought I'd share.

A $40 ad for Paranormal/Romance (the best category they had for WIOH) netted me 68 copies sold for WIOH, 4 copies sold of In Deep Wish and Up Wish Creek, and 3 copies sold of Wish Hits the Fan.  Which means the ad paid for itself and put a little money in my pocket.

I'm pleased with the results, but it was nowhere near the results I got when I had ads go out for DE and AD back in 2015.  Not sure if it was the book or the fact that selling books is harder now or whether the readership of ENT leans more toward mystery/suspense than toward paranormal.  Hell, for all I know, an ad on the Thursday before Memorial Day wasn't the best plan.  (They picked the day.  I would've preferred Monday - DE's ad was on Memorial Day - but it wasn't in the cards.)  So much of this marketing thing is guesswork and crossing your fingers. 

Oh, I also got last minute acceptance for an ad with Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Books (PUFB) for yesterday and today ($8 for two days).  Yesterday's newsletter didn't go out until late afternoon, but I saw 4 sales there already.  I hope today's newsletter isn't quite so late so people have time to read it and buy the book before the price goes up tonight.  But it's out of my control.

Let's hope for residual sales, both in page reads and in people reading WIOH then deciding to buy the rest of the series.  :fingers crossed:

Anyway, if you're on the fence about advertising, jump in the pool.  The water's only cold when you first submerge. 

(Administrative Note:  Blogger has decided to stop emailing me comments to approve, so now I have to come back here and refresh my panel to check for new comments.  I learned this early this morning because I had two unapproved comments waiting here this morning that had been posted yesterday.  If you comment and don't see it immediately, don't worry.  It's probably there and I'll get to approving it when I can.)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for good results! I've been wondering how it did. Definitely worth putting in an ad - after I get my computer woes fixed.

    Oh no on Blogger! I *only* check for comments after I get an email. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Didn't know blogger did that. I figured you just checked back whenever you weren't busy. LOL

    ANd yay on the ads. Never hurts to get the title in front of new eyes! Crossing fingers for a residual effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went well! I'm never sure about the timing for releases/ads/etc. I would think holiday weekends would be a good time, though.

    ReplyDelete