Friday, March 23, 2018

Blurb and Cover for Early Grave

Okay, with around a month or so until the publication of Early Grave, I figured it was about time to write a blurb (or back cover copy, if you will). 

Here's what I've got...


You’re never too old to die.

Nurse’s aide, Tess Harper finds great joy in helping the elderly. If helping them into their graves a tad early is any sort of help at all.  But she’s not doing it out of the kindness of her heart.  There’s no angel here, only death.  And she’s got the perfect prey.  Old people die all the time.

When the SCIU gets a request for assistance, Agent Ned Washington is on the case.  The local PD aren’t even sure they have a serial killer in their midst, but Ned will soon learn the truth. Dozens of old people have died throughout the city’s network of nursing homes, and there’s nothing natural about any of their deaths  The hunt is on and Ned’s got a killer to stop before she sends more innocent victims to an early grave.  

Grabby?  Not grabby?   Misplaced commas anywhere?  

And in case you missed it, here's the cover...

I'm shooting for a release on April 20th, but no later than the 25th.  So, about a month from now.  I can't wait to have this one out there for y'all to read.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you need the comma after aide in the 1st paragraph. Are you sure you want to reveal the murderer? Since I haven't read the book, I'm just asking. And yeah, I'm grabbing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the comma, but I'm guessing Tess Harper is a viewpoint character. Still, having her in the blurb weakens it, imo. Tmi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input, guys. Tess is in there for continuity - because the other two SCIU books' blurbs are the same way. DE's blurb starts with Emma and FG's blurb starts with Adam. And because, yes, they are viewpoint characters. I'll have to decide whether to rewrite all three.

    ReplyDelete