Monday, November 7, 2016

WIP Reveal

Okay, so I said yesterday over on The Writing Spectacle that I would finally talk about what I'm working on.  I wasn't trying to tease, really I wasn't.  It was just such a depressing past couple of months and the only thing that finally shook me out of it was NOT talking about what I was working on.

So, without further ado, I'm back to working on writing Natural Causes (Dennis Haggarty 2), which takes place about a year and a half after Accidental Death.  Dennis has a new job as the chief of police in the mountain town of Last Ditch, CO.  He is enjoying his more laid-back existence when some hikers discover what appear to be the aftermath of a cougar attack.  Or is it? 

I had started this ages ago, but then I got distracted, and then I got depressed.  I'm over all that now.  I'm committed to finishing this first draft by the end of the month.  Not sure when it'll be ready for public consumption.  Fingers crossed that I can have it ready sometime next year.  I'm not giving a firm date because I learned that pressure strangles my creativity.  I know... I'm such a prima donna.  Who knew? 

Anyway, you definitely won't have to wait George R.R. Martin time-frames on this.  I'll get it done by the end of the month, let it simmer a bit while I work on something else, then edit it, then set up something with my editor so she can edit it.

By the way, appropos of something complete different, Blood Flow is on sale today thru Wednesday.  It's a Kindle Countdown Deal and it'll be 99c for the duration - both here and in the UK.  There'll be an ad in Bargain Booksy for this. 

That's it in the exciting news category today.  I hope you were excited.  Any questions?

3 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, I am excited by that news and very much looking forward to reading it. You don't want to let anything stifle your creativity, it's not good for you. One question: does he have the female from AD? Now I'm going to have to go back and read it again so I can remember her name! The love interest? Gah, I hate that my memory is on a go-slow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Dennis is a favorite character. Did you tweet about the sale? I'll go look so I can retweet it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I love the title! I'm looking forward to reading more.

    I surely understand the depression problem. It set me back for months earlier this year. I'm happy you found a strong path out of the pit!

    ReplyDelete