Okay, so last night I made the decision to take Wish in One Hand out of expanded distribution channels so I can slide it back into the Kindle Select program. Yeah, I was going to wait until the end of the month, but since I've only sold 1 book through other distributors in the time I've had WIOH listed with those other channels (thanks for that, Stacy), I figured what the hell was I waiting for.
I admit it. I was tired when I made the decision. And a little frustrated.
First thing this morning, I remembered I have advertising going live on Friday that includes links to those other distribution channels. I contacted the newsletter manager to see if she can change the ad to nix those links.
Later this morning, I remembered I have In Deep Wish going live in March and I was kinda planning on having both books available for wide distribution, and if I put WIOH back in the KDP Select program, I can't put it into wide distribution for 90 days.
:eyeroll: :facepalm: :headdesk:
I'm usually pretty good at making decisions on the fly. This week? Not so much. I could blame edit brain, but really, that's no excuse. I mean, I do have a lot on my mind, but I know that and I should've remembered NOT to make snap decisions right now.
So, anyway, I'll be going back and relisting WIOH, and take my lumps when it comes to the advertising. Just don't click on any links for B&N, Kobo, or Apple until it's live at those places again. Probably end of the week.
How are you at making snap decisions? Do they usually work out for you or do you have a couple horror stories to share so I don't feel so stupid?