Monday, December 13, 2021

Updates and Junk

It's been a while since I did an update post, so here goes...

The work on Untitled Fantasy is coming along.  I'm on page 37.  Bad news is there are 310 pages left to go.  The good news is that even though this is going slow, I'm feeling really good about the results.  I still haven't made any progress on giving the dang thing a title, though.  Derp.

In other news, I've been working on getting the rest of my books live through other outlets.  Here are the ones that are complete (with their universal links link) and live through at least 4 other stores:

Accidental Death
Blink of an I
Unequal
Sleeping Ugly
Ugly and the Beast
Cinder Ugly

Today, I'll be doing Natural Causes.  I'll also be doing all four genie books either today or tomorrow.  I'm trying to remember to update all the links on my blog side panels and the links on my pages up there at the top of the blog.  The verbiage is all over the place, but the thought is the same - get the books wherever you want them by clicking through to Books 2 Read.  

Anyway, it's not really that hard.  It's just tedious.  And when I tried to upload UNEQUAL with the title in all caps, like it is on the cover, it was rejected.  So, I won't be doing THAT again.  Derp.  You'd think they'd have some kind of warning at the beginning when you try to use all caps, but alas, no.  And you can't change the title after you've already sent the books through to the outlets, so I had to delist the book then delete the book and start all over.  Live and learn.  I tell you this so you don't make the same mistake.  So don't do that.  K?

I still haven't seen any additional sales from those outlets, but other than announcing they're not available wide, I haven't really done anything marketing-wise.  So no surprise there.

This year has not been a banner sales year.  In fact, it will be my worst sales year if I don't sell at least one more book.  And considering how bad last year was, that's sayin' somethin'.  

Eh, there's always next year.  May 2022 be better for us all.

1 comment:

  1. The title will come! I often have barely a working title until the end. Sometimes, I get lucky and get the title first. LOL Yay on the progress and the book shaping into a really good one.

    And yes, here's hoping 2022 is better. I really am going to work on getting more books released. That seems to be the magic to sales. More books released, more people finding them and then grabbing backlist. We'll see. I gotta get out of my head for sure! Anyway...

    Yay on the upload progress! I've noticed that my KENP numbers have tanked, and were before I made the decision. Now I'm wondering if Amazon is up to shenanigans... I have one to get ready (BLOOD MOON) to updoad Wednesday, after it comes off KU tomorrow.

    There are a lot of authors who's sales tanked this year. Not sure why, and it doesn't help except misery loves company. Dude! One of us needs to use that as a title.

    Anyway, you mostly know what's up in my space. Whoa. Talk about a blast from the past. Does anyone use My Space anymore? It's Monday. I'm barely into my second cup of coffee. I already need a nap. LOL

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete