Monday, January 18, 2021

Another First Draft

Last night, I finished the first draft of Duke Noble: Consequences...  I'm still not sure about that title... I like the end.  I like the book overall.  I know it's any unholy mess and will need a lot of editing, but I'm okay with that.  The point is it's done.  The first draft word count is 51280.

Tomorrow, I'll email it to my Kindle and drag out the notebook and the red pen to start the editing process.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm not promising anything.  Frankly, with the way the world is, I can't promise anything.  But I would like to have this out to people mid-February and published by the end of March.  :fingers crossed:

I've written all but 7 days since 12/8/20, so I'm taking today off.  From writerly pursuits at least.  I'll be around here somewhere doing something.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the first draft! Looks like 2021 is starting out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! You did it! And Duke is such a cool, compelling character! So proud of you. I need to follow in your footsteps! I'm going to today. No. Really. After a WallyWorld run. Which I need to get ready for. And I'm available for proofing, as always! 😊 Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm so happy for you! I love the snippets you've shown us, and I'm ready to proof whenever you need me. :-)

    ReplyDelete