Monday, November 18, 2019

No Pushing or Kicking

Well, we're past the halfway point on NaNo.  And I am nowhere near halfway through the 50K I'm supposed to be writing this month. 

However...

I've written every day except two and those days I was having back issues which meant prolonged time in this chair was not going to happen. 

The book, which lay forgotten for 6 years, will be written all the way to THE END - if not during this month, then before the end of the year.

I'm feeling more like a writer than I have for the majority of this year.

Now, I could be kicking myself mightily for the failure up to this point.  I mean, if you look at the word count thingie on The Writing Spectacle you'll see more red days than black days.  But kicking myself is unproductive.  Instead, I'd rather celebrate the days where there's a number higher than zero and call all of them wins.

If this keeps up, which I'm going to try hard to make sure it does, then I might actually have some stuff to publish in 2020.  Like this fantasy I'm writing.  And the other two books in the Sleeping Ugly series.  I could actually write SCIU #4 and Dennis Haggarty #3.  You know, stuffs like that.

But I'm not pushing myself there either.  It's nice to look ahead, as long as it doesn't hold you back.  Right now, I'm just happy to be writing again.


3 comments:

  1. So glad you're writing again and feeling so good about it! NaNo sounds like it was a great kickstart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on, sister! Sing it with the choir. Me, too. I totally get this, all of it! And I'm write there (or right there...LOL) with you every step of the way. We should get T-shirts! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for feeling the mojo to write! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete