Monday, March 30, 2015

Trying New Things

In the interest of mixing things up a bit and trying new things, I'd like to devote a post each week to another writer or a book or a series of books I enjoy that maybe might be overlooked or underrated or whatever.  I know the following here isn't huge.  I'd like to rectify that, but I can only do what I can do.  Having said that, though, maybe my little blog will do someone some good someday.

To that end, I'd like to take a moment and plug a series that really hasn't been getting the attention it should be getting.  You may all know my friend, JB Lynn, and her awesome Neurotic Hitwoman series, but did you know she also writes a Matchmaker Mystery series.  She spun it off the Neurotic Hitwoman universe, but only the character, Armani, is a fixture in the Matchmaker Mystery series, too. 

Anyway, her third book in this new series is coming out shortly, and I think you all should give the series a try.  It's fun and quirky with romance and mystery and pets!  I love the characters and the writing and they're just good books to lose myself in from time to time. 

The first book is The Mutt and the Matchmaker.  The second is A Match Made in Mystery.  And the soon-to-be-published book is Catnapped!  Good stuff all the way through.

So, if you're in the market for a fun read, give JB's Matchmaker series a try. 

Oh, and before I forget, speaking of new things, if you scroll back up to the top there, you'll see a new tab.  Click it and it takes you to the sign-up form for my newsletter.  I promise not to mailbomb you or be annoying.  Just news and updates and contests and junk. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm just about to pop across to Amazon and look up the books. Tell me, is it essential to read the Neurotic Hitwoman series to fully appreciate the Matchmaker? I don't mind, I'm always up for a new series, but I hate reading book 4 before book 1 and missing out on vital info and in-jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's necessary to read Neurotic Hitwoman before Matchmaker, but you'll probably enjoy the Neurotic Hitwoman books, too. They're slightly different in that there are animals only the main character can hear talking and they help her with her jobs. Those you probably do need to read in order so you get the full experience.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy both of JB's series and turn to them when I need a good laugh and have reread them a couple of times.

    And I like this idea for a weekly blog post. You so smart, B.E.! :D Happy Monday, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete